Friday, June 13, 2008

My Davao Pride.


Last month, I got the chance to see my hometown, Davao City. It's only been a year since I left but it felt like I missed a lot of things. There were a lot of restaurants, more infrastractures that opened. I can tell just by seeing those places while taking the cab from the airport. I missed everything from grilled tuna, ki-ni-law (ceviche) and, of course, durian. The following night, I was itching to stroll around downtown. I went to the People's Park. I've been hearing about it before coming to Davao City and now I'm actually inside that place. There were people taking pictures with those statues in their background. A lot of small kids running, playing and just purely happy. I was just there in awe with so much pride in me that my hometown have grown so far, and yes it's still growing. Now that I am back here in the U.S. I feel like I'm missing a lot of things once again. Aside from the people that I'm going to miss for sure, my family and friends, I will miss the food a lot, but the next time I come back, a lot of structures that's going to be built that I won't be able to recognize anymore. I'm just really happy for the opportunity.
ss_blog_claim=5953907380dcdc1e570a24a827dba37d

No comments: