Saturday, June 14, 2008

Caregiver -- the movie

ss_blog_claim=5953907380dcdc1e570a24a827dba37d

Today I got to watch "Caregiver", a filipino film starred by Ms. Sharon Cuneta, a famous actress in the Philippines. I watched the movie with my husband here in California and as expected, the theater was flooded with buckets of tears. It is a story about the life of filipino caregivers trying to survive the hardships and sacrifices they face in the United Kingdom just to be able to give their love ones a good life back home. For me, it was a really good movie because it gives us the idea how life is abroad and being able to see all those is one hard part to survive, not only to filipinos but to every individual trying to overcome these challenges abroad. This film actually gave me more appreciation to people who is out there working they way up just to give their love ones a better chance to be somebody someday. I believe in any jobs when you have to start at the bottom first it is always degrading but humbling, discouraging but rewarding at the same time. Cheers!


No comments: