Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lost in Translation.

Seeing the Menu, I thought the food here must be really good.

The waiter handed us their three sets of other menus. Fortunately, this time they were subtitled in English. Pictures of the food were really tempting, however we decided to order something we haven't tried before. To substitute steamed bok-choy with hoisin sause, we ordered "Fried Beans with minced pork in chili sauce" for a start.
It was so tasty. The sweet, chili sauce along with minced pork were a good combination. Although it's a little salty for me but other than that it's light and unfilling and you keep wanting for more.

The second one we tried was called "Fried Clams in Black Sauce".

Instead of having baked clams, we tried this one, for a change. I like it because again it's not heavy. The taste was a little sweet, the green and red bell peppers were still crunchy, the clams were nicely done, it wasn't soggy. For me, opening the shells are the fun part. Overall, it was a good choice.

The Last one, we had a "Fish Head Sizzlers mixed with Ginger" (I don't know the exact name).
Fish head but then again, it was done in a different way. Usually fish head is considered a waste but this one you won't recognize. It was super tasty. The fish meat was soft. I was tempted to eat all the pieces that I even forgot that it was full of bones as well. I like the entire concept. Again the sweetness of the sauce were mixed well. The ginger taste didn't overpower.

They gave us free dessert too! Sweetened beans. Cute!

Fantasy Restaurant, Los Angeles. 2008

No comments: