Friday, July 18, 2008

Space Needle


Space Needle
Originally uploaded by jasonleigh
In my whole life I've never imagined myself being up there in the Space Needle. I dreamt about it but dread the day being up there. I heard a lot of experiences from people who had been up there in the Space Needle. They said it was breath- taking and it was wonderful. But recalling what they said, it just made me feel nervous. Growing up I hated ferris wheel, an elevator going up, a high rise building or anything in high elevation. I know I am tough, but this one I don't know how to get over with my fear. But I know later on in life I have to face one of my fears. Knowingly or unknowingly I guess I reconciled it in my mind that I have to be up there, at least give it a try, for once.

Now I am in line for the Space Needle experience. I don't know what happened but I am dragged by peers to see and experience what others are talking about. Tourists all around the world are thrilled being there. I see smiles, enthusiasm and anxiety on their faces just can't wait to be up there. I am just telling myself to enjoy this, after all, I don't want to let anybody down. Whoah! I am getting inside the elevator. I will have to hang in there for 40 to 45 seconds I believe. I will have to wait until it reaches to 605 feet. Goodness! I am closing my eyes on our way up, at least for 30 seconds. Ten people with us in the elevator. I assume they are all excited except myself. I started opening my eyes in the last 10 seconds to take a grasp of what is going on. I can see the the whole downtown Seattle. *Gulps* I don't even notice that we have already arrived. The elevator door swings wide open. There is a mini restaurant inside of the tower. I started walking around. I can feel the slight rotation of the tower when you go outside to take pictures. The people are enjoying the overlooking sight. I am very scared still.



No comments: